Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Digiscrapping

Its been almost a month now when I started doing my LO (layouts). At first, I just wanted to make a photobook of all the major events in my son's life: baptism, 1st birthday and first year of life. I've collected a large number of photos, lie unprinted trapped in my laptop so "photobooking" it is the best answer. But after reading threads and forums and visited blogs of digicrappers, I was inspired to be one of them.

Before, I did a couple of traditional scrapbooks. But because of limited resources (not so many kits, papers, embelishments and alphas available in the market), I stopped. with digital scrapbooking, there are lots of kits available on-line; some are free and some are not. But what's important, you can already start to work digitally using photoshop with all those freebies. Thanks to the links and quick page given by digiscrappers. You just need to have a big hard drive to be able save all of them.

Here is a layout I made for Matteo's 1st birthday photobook:



Credits:
(Inspired by Misty Cato's tutorial "Blending Made Easy")
1. Blending mask and whispered background by Misty Cato
2. Polka dot purple paper by Marie Stone's Spring Punch 600 Collection
3. String file 2 by Chriscrap's Oh My Prince Collection
4. Ribbons by Shabby Princess' Sun Porch by Amy Teets
5. Butterfly, flowers, buttons, stitched page border and "playful" fonts by Shabby Princess' Promise, Vintage Florals, Harvest Spice and Splendid Collection (some were recolored)


I'll post the other layouts here as soon as I finish them.

2 comments:

Abi Castronuev said...

mitch gusto ko ng gnyan! hahaha! turuan mo ko :) ganda ganda naman ng gawa mo ;)

Mitch said...

sure abs! download ka photoshop tapos dami din free na papers and elements pede din i-download.
Dali! try mo na! nakaka-addict siya abs hehehe....